Vodafone Portugal

Vodafone Portugal, une filiale du groupe Vodafone, est le second opérateur de téléphonie mobile au Portugal à la fois historiquement et en termes de parts de marché (34 % in 2006). Ces principaux concurrents sont Optimus (NOS) et TMN (MEO).

Vodafone Portugal est fondé en 1991 sous le nom de Telecel, Comunicações Pessoais, S.A. (Telecel) en remportant la concession comme second opérateur GSM (contre son concurrent, l’opérateur TMN). Le réseau est officiellement lancé en octobre 1992.

En 1996, le groupe lance son offre pre-payed (pré-payement) nommée Vitamina ainsi qu’une offre de pager sous la marque Telechamada. En mai 2000, la société lance sa marque Nerc (prononcer netcetera) d’offre de service d’accès à Internet et de portail Web fluff remover.

Initialement, les principaux investisseurs du groupe étaient la banque Banco Espírito Santo runners hydration, le groupe Amorim et USA’s Pacific Telesis. Cette dernière société était la propriétaire de l’opérateur PacTel Cellular qui sera, en 1999, racheté par l’opérateur anglais Vodafone. Indirectement par cette transaction, le groupe Vodafone devient alors actionnaire minoritaire de Telecel

Argentina Home BATISTUTA 9 Jerseys

Argentina Home BATISTUTA 9 Jerseys

BUY NOW

$266.58
$31.99

, puis majoritaire lorsque la Banco Espírito Santo et Amorim lui vendent leurs parts. En 2003, le groupe lance une offre d’achat pour l’ensemble des actions de Telecel et en devient ainsi l’unique propriétaire. La société est alors renommée Vodafone Portugal.

En 2002, alors que Telecel est déjà contrôlé par le groupe Vodafone, ce dernier décide d’utiliser la marque Vodafone partout dans le monde afin d’améliorer la notoriété de celle-ci. Telecel est le premier opérateur du groupe à changer de nom, ce processus s’effectuant en trois étapes :

Les études menées ont montré que le public n’avait, grâce à ce système, fait aucune confusion et que la marque n’a pas souffert du changement de nom.

En 2002, Nerc est renommé Vizzavi à la suite de la prise de participation du groupe Vivendi Universal. En 2003, le marché des pagers est abandonné. En 2003, Vizzavi est vendu à IOL, une filiale du groupe de média Media Capital. Le portail Web est fermé et la société lance Vodafone live!.

Breaza (Mureș)

Vous pouvez partager vos connaissances en l’améliorant (comment ?) selon les recommandations des projets correspondants.

Géolocalisation sur la carte : Roumanie

Géolocalisation sur la carte : Roumanie

Breaza (Beresztelke en hongrois, Bretzdorf en allemand) est une commune roumaine du județ de Mureș, dans la région historique de Transylvanie et dans la région de développement du Centre.

La commune de Breaza est située dans le nord-est du județ, sur le Luț, affluent de la rive droite du Mureș, dans les collines de Madaraș, à 4 km au sud-ouest de Reghin et à 20 km au nord-est de Târgu Mureș, le chef-lieu du județ.

La municipalité est composée des trois villages suivants (population en 2002) :

La première mention écrite du village date de 1319.

La commune de Breaza a appartenu au Royaume de Hongrie, puis à l’Empire d’Autriche et à l’Empire austro-hongrois.

En 1876, lors de la réorganisation administrative de la Transylvanie, elle a été rattachée au comitat de Maros-Torda.

La commune de Breaza a rejoint la Roumanie en 1920, au Traité de Trianon, lors de la désagrégation de l’Autriche-Hongrie. Elle a été de nouveau occupée par la Hongrie de 1940 à 1944, période durant laquelle la petite communauté juive fut exterminée par les Nazis. Elle est redevenue roumaine en 1945.

Le Conseil Municipal de Breaza compte 11 sièges de conseillers municipaux. À l’issue des élections municipales de juin 2008, Gheorghe Chira (PNL) a été élu maire de la commune.

En 2002, la composition religieuse de la commune était la suivante :

En 1900, la commune comptait 942 Roumains (35,57 %), 1 610 Hongrois (60,80 %) et 20 Allemands (0,76 %).

En 1930, on recensait 1 087 Roumains (39,64 %)

Real Madrid Club de Fútbol Away BENZEMA 9 Jerseys

Real Madrid Club de Fútbol Away BENZEMA 9 Jerseys

BUY NOW

$266.58
$31.99

, 1 498 Hongrois (54,63 %), 9 Allemands (0,33 %), 10 Juifs (0,36 %) et 137 Tsiganes (5,00 %).

En 2002, 1 105 Roumains (43,65 %) côtoient 1 138 Hongrois (44,96 %) et 284 Tsiganes (11,22 %)

Argentina Home BATISTUTA 9 Jerseys

Argentina Home BATISTUTA 9 Jerseys

BUY NOW

$266.58
$31.99

. On comptait à cette date 870 ménages.

L’économie de la commune repose sur l’agriculture et l’élevage.

Breaza est située sur la route nationale DN16 qui relie Reghin avec Cluj-Napoca et à quelques kilomètres de la route nationale DN15A qui relie Reghin et Bistrița.

Musée Louis-Philippe du château d’Eu

Géolocalisation sur la carte&nbsp signed football shirts;: Seine-Maritime

Géolocalisation sur la carte : France

Situé en Normandie

Argentina Home BATISTUTA 9 Jerseys

Argentina Home BATISTUTA 9 Jerseys

BUY NOW

$266.58
$31.99

, au Nord de la Seine-Maritime, le château d’Eu Musée Louis-Philippe est classé Musée de France.

Le bâtiment actuel fut commencé en 1578 par Henri de Guise et Catherine de Clèves, puis terminé en 1665 par la Grande Mademoiselle, cousine germaine du roi Louis XIV.

Il devint la résidence d’été de Louis-Philippe, roi des Français (1830-1848), qui y reçut deux fois la reine Victoria d’Angleterre en 1843 et 1845, signifiant ainsi « l’Entente cordiale&nbsp lixit glass water bottle;» entre la France et le Royaume-Uni.

Demeure de la famille d’Orléans jusqu’au début du XXe siècle, le château connut entre 1872 et 1886 une période de grands travaux sous la direction du célèbre architecte Eugène Viollet-le-Duc. En 1902, le château est touché par un incendie

En 1905, l’édifice fut acquis par l’ancienne famille impériale du Brésil, les princes d’Orléans-Bragance.

En 1964, après de multiples épisodes, la ville d’Eu se porta acquéreur du château.

En 1973, la municipalité y installe sa mairie et le Musée Louis-Philippe est créé ; Martine Bailleux-Delbecq en devient conservateur.

En 1985, pour faire mieux connaître le château et contribuer à l’enrichissement des collections, l’Association des «&nbsp where can i buy bpa free water bottles;Amis du Musée Louis-Philippe du château d’Eu » est fondée par Isabelle d’Orléans et Bragance (1911-2003), « comtesse de Paris », avec l’aide du conservateur.

En 1987, le parc et les dépendances de l’ancien domaine royal, situés sur le territoire de la ville d’Eu, sont classés.

En 2006, départ à la retraite de Martine Bailleux-Delbecq et Alban Duparc, attaché de conservation, devient responsable du musée.

En 2007, Gabriel de Broglie, chancelier de l’Institut de France, succède à la « comtesse de Paris », en tant que président d’honneur des Amis du Musée Louis-Philippe du château d’Eu qui en sont un des soutiens les plus actifs.

Une partie de l’ancien domaine royal du château demeure privée et appartient aux héritiers d’Isabelle d’Orléans-Bragance, ses fils Michel, Jacques d’Orléans et un de ses petits-fils, Robert d’Orléans, fils du défunt prince Thibault (+1983).

Freiherr-von-Schütz-Schule

Die Freiherr-von-Schütz-Schule ist eine Schule für Hörgeschädigte in Bad Camberg.

Hugo Freiherr Schütz von Holzhausen (1780–1847) wurde im Alter von 6 Monaten nach einer Erkrankung gehörlos. Das gleiche Schicksal teilten drei seiner 21 Geschwister. Da sein Vater, der Oberamtmann des Amtes Camberg Benedikt Freiherr Schütz von Holzhausen ein wohlhabender Mann war, hatte Hugo das Glück, 1788 bis 1797 das 1779 gegründete Wiener Institut für Taubstumme besuchen zu können. Er eignete sich dort im Unterricht von Johann Friedrich Stork und Joseph May neben der Gebärdensprache die Schriftsprache und eine allgemeine Bildung an.

Zurückgekehrt nach Camberg unterrichtete er seine drei gehörlosen Brüder. Seine Fähigkeit sprach sich herum und so erreichten ihn bald Anfragen, ob er nicht weitere Schüler unterrichten könnte. 1810 nahm er mit Philipp Schickel aus Würges den ersten Schüler auf. 1818 besuchten bereits 18 Kinder sein Privat-Institut. Die Unterrichtsräume waren im Amthof.

Im Herzogtum Nassau bestand zum Zeitpunkt der Gründung des Privat-Instituts des Freiherren Schütz von Holzhausens keine weitere Schule für Gehörlose. Eine Erhebung ergab, dass im Herzogtum 209 gehörlose Menschen lebten, von denen 23 im Alter von 1 bis 6 und 64 im Alter 7 bis 15 Jahren waren. Am 13. August 1819 wurde daher von der Herzoglichen Landesregierung dem Staatsministerium empfohlen, das Institut in ein Herzoglich-Nassauisches Institut für Taubstumme umzuwandeln. Diesem Vorschlag wurde gefolgt und mit Rescript vom 9. November 1819 wurde das Herzoglich-Nassauisches Institut für Taubstumme eingerichtet und die Finanzierung aus Landesmitteln zugesagt.

Als Unterrichtsräume wurden von der Regierung Nebengebäude des Guttenberger Hofes von Peter Cathrein gemietet und die Schuleinrichtung erworben. Freiherr Schütz von Holzhausen erhielt den Auftrag, zwei Kandidaten als Taubstummenlehrer auszubilden. Ausgewählt wurden der katholische Lehrer Lorenz Hisgen, der seine Lehrerausbildung am Gymnasium Montabaur erhalten hatte und der evangelische Lehrer Christian Deuser vom Lehrerseminar Idstein. Hugo Schütz von Holzhausen wurde (unbesoldeter) Direktor der Schule und zum Hofrat ernannt.

Die Eröffnung fand am 15. Juni 1820 statt. Bereits im ersten Jahr stieg die Zahl der Schüler von 12 auf 25

Argentina Home BATISTUTA 9 Jerseys

Argentina Home BATISTUTA 9 Jerseys

BUY NOW

$266.58
$31.99

.

Während die Schule wuchs, änderte sich die pädagogische Lehre. Während es Ende des 18. Jahrhunderts üblich war, dass Gehörlose Gehörlose in Gebärdensprache unterrichteten, wurde nun in den Mittelpunkt des pädagogischen Konzeptes gestellt, die Schüler trotz ihrer Behinderung in der Lautsprache zu unterrichten. Naturgemäß konnte Hugo Freiherr Schütz von Holzhausen mangels eigener Sprachfähigkeit dieses nicht leisten. 1828 bat er um Entlassung aus dem Amt aufgrund „geschwächter Gesundheit“. Die herzogliche Regierung entsprach diesem Wunsch am 22. März 1828.

Die Pläne der nassauischen Landesregierung, die Schule nach Idstein (1821) oder Usingen (1823) zu verlegen, wurden nicht umgesetzt. Stattdessen wuchs die Schule am Standort Camberg. Hierzu trug bei, dass ab 1844 auch Schüler aus Luxemburg (auch Luxemburg wurde vom Haus Nassau regiert), die Camberger Schule besuchten. Die Schule war als Externat ausgelegt; die Schüler lebten bei Gastfamilien. Insgesamt besuchten in der Zeit des Herzogtums 462 Schüler die Schule.

Mit der Annexion Nassaus durch Preußen 1866 wurde die Schule als Provinzial-Taubstummen-Anstalt für die Provinz Hessen-Nassau fortgeführt. Die Schulaufsicht wurde mit dem Dotationsgesetz vom 11. März 1872 dem Kommunalverband des Regierungsbezirks Wiesbaden übertragen. Dieser beschloss den Neubau eines Schulgebäudes auf einem Grundstück an der Frankfurter Straße, dass die Stadt Camberg kostenfrei zur Verfügung gestellt hatte. Die Schule hatte zu dieser Zeit 75 Schüler. Der Name war ab 1872 Taubstummen-Anstalt des Kommunalverbandes des Regierungsbezirks Wiesbaden

Los Angeles Galaxy Home KEANE 7 Jerseys

Los Angeles Galaxy Home KEANE 7 Jerseys

BUY NOW

$266.58
$31.99

.

Im Jahr 1937 bestanden in der Provinz Hessen-Nassau drei Bildungseinrichtungen für Gehörlose: Neben der Schule in Bad Camberg waren es die Einrichtungen in Homberg/Efze und Frankfurt am Main. Auf Betreiben des Anstaltsdezernenten für den Bezirksverband Nassau, Fritz Bernotat, wurden die drei hessischen Schulen für Gehörlose mit Ende des Schuljahres 1936/1937 in Frankfurt am Main/Bornheim zu der Landestaubstummen- Schule und Erziehungsanstalt zusammengelegt. Ursächlich für die als Sparmaßnahme getarnte, tatsächlich aber ideologisch begründete Zusammenlegung der Schulen war die sozialdarwinistische, gegen die Interessen von Menschen mit Einschränkungen gerichtete Politik des Bezirksverbandes, wie sie im Grundsatzreferat Bernotats zur Thematik „Sparmaßnahmen in den Heil- und Pflegeanstalten“ vom 24. September 1937 zum Ausdruck kommt. Der Camberger Direktor Müller, der aktiver Unterstützer der Camberger NSDAP war, wurde vom Bezirksverband zum Leiter der Frankfurter Schule befördert. Einige der vormals in Camberg tätigen Lehrkräfte wechselten zum in Wiesbaden (Landeshaus) ansässigen Bezirksverband über. Der Lehrer E. wurde an der mit Beginn des Schuljahres 1937/1938 in dem Gebäude untergebrachten Haus- und Landarbeitsschule angestellt. In der Haus- und Landarbeitsschule Camberg waren in den Jahren 1937 bis 1945 bis zu 100 weibliche Fürsorgezöglinge untergebracht. Diese wurden dort gemäß der NS-Ideologie auf ihre Rolle als Frau und Mutter geschult. Trägerverein der Schule war der nach NS-Prinzipien ausgerichtete, in Frankfurt am Main ansässige Verein für Volkspflege e.V. Die Frankfurter Taubstummenerziehungsanstalt wurde mit Beginn des Zweiten Weltkriegs am 1. September 1939 zunächst ersatzlos aufgelöst. Die Schüler wurden zu ihren Eltern zurückgeschickt und erhielten keine Ausbildung mehr. Das Gebäude der Frankfurter Schule wurde anschließend als Wehrmachtslazarett genutzt. Nach behelfsmäßiger Wiedereröffnung erfolgte Notunterricht in zwei Frankfurter Volksschulen. Durch Bombenangriffe gingen 1943 die Lehrmittel und die Bibliotheksbestände der Schule verloren. Die Schüler wurden nach Bad Camberg und Umgebung evakuiert, wo Unterricht in Gasthäusern organisiert wurde, nachdem die Stadt hierzu Räume angemietet hatte. Die eigentlichen Schulräume waren nach wie vor durch die Haus- und Landarbeitsschule belegt. Nach dem Einmarsch der US-Armee wurde das Gebäude vom Militär in Anspruch genommen. Die Haus- und Landarbeitsschule bestand formaliter in den Räumen der „Taubstummenanstalt“ bis zum 8. Juli 1945. Weibliche Angestellte, die in beiden Einrichtungen, zunächst der „Taubstummenanstalt“ und später der Haus- und Landarbeitsschule tätig gewesen waren, wurden zur Zeugenaussage beim Kalmenhof-Prozess Kalmenhof geladen. Am 1. November 1946 wurde der Schulbetrieb im früheren Schulgebäude wieder aufgenommen.

Die Schule nahm unter dem Namen Gehörlosenschule den Betrieb mitt 33 Schülern wieder auf. Die Zerstörungen des Krieges wurden behoben. Nun wurde auch eine „Hörklasse“ für ertaubte und resthörige Schüler eingerichtet. 1953 wurde der Landeswohlfahrtsverband Hessen Schulträger. Die Schule, die seit 1952 als Landesgehörlosenschule firmierte, wurde 1954 in Landestaubstummenschule umbenannt. 1958 wurde der Name erneut in Taubstummenschule geändert.

1964 wurde in Hessen einheitlich der Name Sonderschule für Spezialschulen für Lernbehinderte eingeführt. Die Schule wurde entsprechend in Sonderschule für Taubstumme umbenannt (später wurde Taubstumme durch gehörlose ersetzt). Im gleichen Jahr pachtete der LWV Räume im benachbarten Amtsgericht (das Amtsgericht war 1968 endgültig geschlossen worden) zur Erweiterung der Schule. 1979/80 besuchten 80 Kinder die Schule und 10 Kinder den Kindergarten. 13 Lehrer betreuten 11 Klassen. In diesem Schuljahr wurde ein Klassenzug für schwerhörige Kinder eingerichtet. 1971 wurde im ehemaligen Camberger Amtsgericht das erste Internat eröffnet.

1972 wurde die Schule in Schule für Gehörlose und Hörbehinderte (Sonderschule) umbenannt. 1974 wurde sie nach dem Gründer Freiherr von Schütz-Schule Schule für Gehörlose und für Hörbehinderte getauft.

1989 konnte das ehemalige Camberger Bürgerhospital, das Gisbert-Lieber-Haus von der Schule übernommen und als Internatsgebäude genutzt werden. 1994 wurde der Schule eine Pädagogisch-audiologische Frühberatungsstelle angegliedert.

Die Schule verfügt über drei Hauptgebäude, die jeweils unter Denkmalschutz stehen.

Das Hauptgebäude an der Frankfurter Landstraße 15 wurde am 5. Oktober 1875 eingeweiht. Der Bau wurde in den Jahren 1874/75 nach Ent­würfen des Wiesbadener Baurates Eduard Zais errichtet. Die damals gebaute Anlage bestand aus dem größeren Unter­richtsgebäude an der Frankfurter Straße, einem Wohn- und Verwal­tungshaus und der im Hof liegenden Turnhalle. Unterrichtsgebäude und Verwaltungshaus sind durch einen moderner Verbindungsgang verbunden. Im Eintrag des hessischen Landesamtes für Denkmalschutz wird der Bau wie folgt beschrieben: Farblich wirksame Klinkerbauten mit schmalen Treppenhaus-Risaliten, die in gestelzten Giebeln abschließen. Die Gewände und Fenstergliederungen bestehen aus hellem Sandstein. Elemente des Rundbogenstils, der Neugotik und der Frührenaissance treten gemeinsam auf. Im Vordergrund steht aber der Eindruck einer feinen und zeichnerischen Gestaltung.

Das alte Amtsgericht wurde 1912 nach den Plänen der Königlichen Regierungsbaumeister Röttgen und Anthes erbaut. Der großer Komplex auf einer Rechteckparzelle bestand aus Wohnteilen, Gärten, Gefängnis- und Gefängnishof. Insbesondere das Hauptgebäude mit dem Giebelrisalit ist im Stil des Neoklassizismus verbunden mit Elementen des Jugendstils gehalten.

Das Bürgerhospital entstand aus einer privaten Stiftung der in der Stadtgeschichte bekannten Familie Lieber und war zunächst allgemeine Kranken- und Pfründner-Anstalt. Das Hauptgebäude wurde 1858/61 nach Entwürfen des Wiesbadener Baurates Joh

Mexico Home BORGETTI 9 Jerseys

Mexico Home BORGETTI 9 Jerseys

BUY NOW

$266.58
$31.99

. Lossen erbaut. Es handelt sich um einen Zweckbau des späten Rundbogenstils mit schmalen Giebelrisaliten, Lisenen und Friesen. Nach 1892 wurde eine chirurgische Klinik eingerichtet und hierzu eine Erweiterung an der Nordseite erbaut. Ab 1920 wurde eine Isolierstation ergänzt. Aus der Bauzeit des ersten Gebäudes stammen zwei große Eingangslinden und die Umfassungsmauern.

1903 wurde dem Schulgründer ein Denkmal gesetzt. Es steht vor dem Hauptgebäude. Künstler war A. Künne in Berlin. Es besteht aus einem Granitsockel an dem ein Bronzerelief angebracht ist und die von einer Büste des Freiherren gekrönt wird. Die Büste ging in den Wirren des Zweiten Weltkriegs 1943 verloren. Es wurde nach dem Krieg durch eine neue Büste ersetzt. Die Tafel zeigt Schütz als Lehrer, zu dem ein Junge und ein Mädchen aufschauen. Die Inschrift zitiert Spr. Sal. 31, Vers 8:

„Tue deinen Mund auf für die Stummen“

Tampico

Tampico is a city and port in the state of Tamaulipas, Mexico; it is located on the north bank of the Pánuco River, about 10 kilometres (6 mi) from the Gulf of Mexico. The city is located in the southeastern part of the state, directly north of the state of Veracruz. Tampico is the fifth-largest city in Tamaulipas with a population of 297,284. The Metropolitan area of Tampico has 859,419 inhabitants.

In the early 20th century during the period of Mexico’s first oil boom, the city was the “chief oil-exporting port of the Americas” and the second in the world, yielding profits that were invested in the city’s “grandiose architecture,” often compared to that of Venice and New Orleans. The first oil well in Mexico was drilled here in 1901 at Ébano. In 1923 the major oil field dried up, leading to an exodus of jobs and investment.

Economic development during the 1920s made the city a pioneer in the aviation and soda industries. The city also is a major exporter of silver, copper, and lumber, together with wool, hemp, and other agricultural products. Containerized cargo, however, is mainly handled by the neighboring ocean port of Altamira.

The name “Tampico” is of Huastec origin: tam-piko, meaning “place of otters” (literally “water dogs”). The city is surrounded by rivers and lagoons of the delta of the Pánuco River, which was the habitat of a large population of otters. There had been successive human settlements in the area for centuries. The region had several early Huastec settlements, among them the important site at Las Flores, which flourished between AD 1000 and 1250.

During colonization, the Spanish Franciscan priest Andrés de Olmos established a mission and monastery in the area during 1532, building over a former Aztec village. At his request, Spanish officials founded a settlement named San Luis de Tampico in 1554. This site was abandoned in 1684 and the population relocated to the south of the Pánuco River because of frequent attacks by European and Americans pirates

Argentina Home BATISTUTA 9 Jerseys

Argentina Home BATISTUTA 9 Jerseys

BUY NOW

$266.58
$31.99

. The area was abandoned for nearly 150 years.

The present Mexican city was founded on April 13, 1823 on the north bank of the Pánuco River about 10 kilometres (6 mi) from the Gulf, after Mexico achieved independence from Spain. It rerouted African slaves to be illegally smuggled into the Deep South of the United States (which had ended its international trade) and also exported silver. In August 1829, Spain sent a force of troops from Cuba to invade Tampico in an effort to regain control. But, in September General Antonio López de Santa Anna led forces that brought the Spanish troops to surrender, and Mexican control of Tampico was re-established. Business development was mostly as a trading center and market town of an agricultural region

Real Madrid Club de Fútbol Home BENZEMA 9 Jerseys

Real Madrid Club de Fútbol Home BENZEMA 9 Jerseys

BUY NOW

$266.58
$31.99

.

The first oil well in Mexico was drilled near here at Ébano S.L.P. in 1901, by Californian Edward Doheny, who founded Mexican Petroleum Corporation. In the early 20th century, there was extensive US investment in oil development in Tampico, with a sizable United States expatriate community developing in relation to the industry. With the outbreak of the Mexican Revolution, which lasted roughly from 1910 to 1920, the US monitored the situation to protect its citizens and investments. Doheny sold some of his businesses to the Standard Oil Company which operated its monopoly here. The oil-producing area was so productive it was called the “Golden Belt.”

The oil fields known as Ébano, Pánuco, Huasteca, and Túxpan are all situated within a 160-kilometre (99 mi) radius of the city. Oil was often shipped on barges along the rivers. To improve transportation of oil to the port, the government built the Chijol Canal, beginning in 1901. It is 1.8 m (6 ft) deep and 7.6 m (25 ft) wide and runs 120 km (75 mi) southward through the oil fields to Tuxpan.

During the Mexican Revolution, on April 9, 1914, 10 Mexican troops and nine U.S. Navy sailors from the USS Dolphin confronted each other in a failure to communicate as US forces tried to get fuel supplies. General Victoriano Huerta’s forces in the city were threatened by different groups from both north and south. The Americans were arrested; they were freed but the US resented Huerta’s demands for some recognition. In the resulting Tampico Affair, the US sent navy and marine forces into Veracruz and occupied the city for seven months in a show of force. Due to resulting anti-American demonstrations on each coast, other US Navy ships were used to evacuate some American citizens to refugee camps in southern US cities. The US occupation contributed to the downfall of Huerta, and Venustiano Carranza became president. He ensured that Mexico maintained neutrality during the Great War, in part due to lingering animosity against the US for these actions.

The Mexican government nationalized the oil industry in 1939 and has maintained that for 75 years. In November 2014, President Enrique Pena Nieto announced a policy change of ending Pemex’s monopoly and inviting private companies back into the oil and gas industry. While analysts believe the largest finds are likely to be offshore, new techniques should yield oil even at mature fields such as those of Tampico. In early 2015 the government plans to accept bids on 169 blocks, 47 of which are within 110 kilometres (70 mi) of Tampico. It is expected that smaller companies will be active in the mature fields

Brazil Home OSCAR 11 Jerseys

Brazil Home OSCAR 11 Jerseys

BUY NOW

$266.58
$31.99

, such as those in this region. This area has extensive shale-oil deposits, and the “U.S. Energy Information Administration estimates that Mexico has the world’s eighth-largest shale-oil resources.”

In the 1970s, Tampico annexed the port city and suburb of Ciudad Madero. Tampico has a modern port with excellent facilities, with rail and air connections to Mexico City and the United States.

Tampico’s downtown architecture is an eclectic mix, reflecting the growth of the city during the Porfiriato (the period of rule by President and dictator Porfirio Díaz). During the oil boom of the first decades of the 20th century, much “grandiose” architecture was built, inviting comparisons with Venice, Italy

United States Home CAMERON 20 Jerseys

United States Home CAMERON 20 Jerseys

BUY NOW

$266.58
$31.99

, and New Orleans in the United States. Many buildings feature wrought-iron balconies (in the 20th-century, these were mostly built of English cast iron). Similar balconies are characteristic of the French and Spanish-influenced architecture in New Orleans. Some of the balconies in Plaza de la libertad bear the original plaques showing their manufacture at the Derbyshire forge of Andrew Handyside and Company.

Notable buildings include the Neo-classical Town Hall (or Palacio Municipal) in Plaza de Armas, and the English redbrick Customs House in the docks. The prevalence of New Orleans-style architecture is attributed to the oil boom years. Not only was there money to spend, but many building supplies, including pre-built housing components, were shipped from New Orleans to this area during that period of rapid development. The historical downtown areas of Plaza de Armas and Plaza de Libertad have been restored and improved in recent years to emphasize their historic appeal, in part to encourage more heritage tourism.

The Cathedral of Tampico, also known as the Temple of the Immaculate Conception, located in Plaza de Armas, dates to the late 19th century. It has undergone several restorations. It is of the Neo-classical style in light brown canter, with Corinthian-style columns and three enormous doors that form the entrance. Its two towers are made of three bodies. The eastern one has a large, London-made, public chiming clock, a gift from Don Angel Sainz Trapaga. Its recently refurbished interior holds several wall paintings and other works of art. The altar is of white Carrara marble. The United States oil tycoon Edward Doheny of California, who drilled the first oil well in Mexico near Tampico, donated substantial funds for the Cathedral’s construction and maintenance after 1902, when he based his Mexican oil operations in Tampico.

According to the INEGI 2010 census, the population of the city of Tampico was 297,284, and that of the municipality of Tampico was 297,554, both ranking fifth in the state. Its metropolitan area population was 803,196 people. The municipality has an area of 92.73 km² (35.8 sq mi).

Tampico has a Tropical savanna climate, with a Köppen climate classification of Aw based on the mean average temperature of 18 °C (65 °F) for January as well as on precipitation patterns. Its weather, though reasonably pleasant in spring and autumn, is hot in the summer; the average high reaches 32 °C (90 °F) in August, with an average low of 23 °C (74 °F). Winters are pleasantly cool. The average January high is 23 °C (73 °F) and the average low in January is 15 °C (59 °F). Rainfall is frequent from May through September.

Tampico is an extremely humid city, with summer heat indices reaching 40 °C (104 °F). It is located on the Pánuco River and among extensive wetlands that extend to the Gulf of Mexico. During autumn and winter, it is affected by cold fronts that pass through the gulf and bring high winds that can reach 50 km/h (37 mph) with gusts of 70 to 80 km/h (43 to 50 mph). Tampico is located in a hurricane area, but it has not been affected directly by one in more than 50 years. On rare occasions, such as during late January and early February 2011, the city experiences surprisingly low temperatures for its zone. The temperatures were from 10 °C and the lowest being of 2 °C in the morning and noon of 4 February.

In February 1895, snow was reported to have fallen in Tampico. This is the North American record for the furthest south report of snow at a coastal location, and one of the few places that snow has fallen in the tropics at sea level.

The metropolitan area of Tampico, Ciudad Madero, and Altamira is served by General Francisco Javier Mina International Airport (IATA airport code: TAM), which is located in the northern part of the city of Tampico. It serves routes to Mexican cities, mainly Mexico City and Monterrey. It also has international services, with daily flights to Houston, Texas.

The city also has excellent railway facilities serving the port, which is well-developed with warehouses and equipment for loading oil tankers. Major roads connect to the Pan-American Highway.

Seafood is important in the city. The locals are informally known as Jaibas (crab), and the crab emblem is seen in many places, from the sides of buses to park benches.

The Autonomous University of Tamaulipas has one of its two largest campuses in Tampico, the other being in Ciudad Victoria. The major schools of medicine, engineering, nursing, dentistry, architecture, and business are based here.

Multiple high schools, both private and public, are located in Tampico.

The local professional soccer team was founded in 1945 and is named Tampico Madero, also known as Jaiba Brava. In 1953 the team was Champion of the México Primera División and also won the Campeón de Campeones title. In 1961 la Jaiba Brava won the Copa Mexico trophy. They won the Primera División trophy 2 times under Chilean manager Carlos Reinoso.