Maryland Route 67 (MD 67) is a state highway in the U.S. state of Maryland. Known as Rohrersville Road, the state highway runs 12.20 miles (19.63 km) from U.S. Route 340 (US 340) in Weverton north to US 40 Alternate in Boonsboro. MD 67 parallels the western flank of South Mountain in southeastern Washington County, connecting Boonsboro with Weverton and Rohrersville. In conjunction with US 340 and US 40 Alternate, MD 67 connects Hagerstown and Harpers Ferry, West Virginia, a link that made the highway one of the original state roads marked for improvement in 1909. The first section of the state highway was constructed through Rohrersville around 1920. The remainder of the highway was built between Boonsboro and Weverton in the late 1920s and early 1930s. MD 67 was reconstructed with multiple relocations starting in the late 1950s, culminating in a relocation at the southern terminus to tie into the US 340 freeway in the late 1960s.
MD 67 begins at a trumpet interchange with US 340 (Jefferson Pike) in Weverton within the Potomac Water Gap near Harpers Ferry. The state highway crosses Israel Creek and heads north through a mix of farmland and forest within the Pleasant Valley, the valley of Israel Creek between Elk Ridge to the west and South Mountain to the east. Just north of Israel Creek
Real Madrid Club de Fútbol Home LUCAS SILVA 16 Jerseys
, MD 67 intersects unsigned MD 67D, a connector east to Weverton Road, the old alignment of MD 67. Within the hamlet of Garretts Mill, the state highway intersects Garretts Mill Road, which heads west toward the Robert Clagett Farm and the Magnolia Plantation, and receives the other end of Weverton Road, which is accessed via MD 67E. MD 67 passes along the edge of Brownsville, which is served by the old alignment, Boteler Road.
MD 67 continues north through the village of Gapland. The old alignment of MD 67, Gapland Road, heads northwest into the heart of the village. Gapland Road heads east to Crampton’s Gap, a mountain pass through South Mountain that provides access to Burkittsville in the Middletown Valley. Crampton’s Gap is the site of the Battle of Crampton’s Gap and Gathland State Park. North of Gapland, Trego Road splits to the northwest toward Trego, Eakles Mills, and Keedysville. The valley widens as MD 67 approaches Rohrersville. Main Street, which is unsigned MD 858, serves the village while MD 67 bypasses it to the east, crossing Little Antietam Creek. MD 67 continues north, paralleled on the east by its old alignment of Woodstock Lane while passes to the west of the hamlet of Park Hall, which contains Kefauver Place. Another section of old alignment, Mount Carmel Church Road, which leads to the Nicodemus Mill Complex, loops to the west as MD 67 crosses Dog Creek. The state highway passes two more segments of old alignment, both named Appletown Road, before reaching its northern terminus at US 40 Alternate (Boonsboro Pike) just south of Boonsboro.
The highway from Weverton to Boonsboro was marked for improvement by the Maryland State Roads Commission as one of the original state roads in 1909 food tenderizer. However, by 1915, the uncompleted highway was deemed as not forming a necessary part of the main arterial system. The first section of MD 67 to be improved was Main Street through Rohrersville, which was paved by 1921. The modern road was extended north to Boonsboro in 1925 and 1926. Construction began on MD 67 from Rohrersville to Gapland in 1926 and was completed in 1928. The paved highway was extended through Brownsville to north of Garretts Mill in 1929 and 1930. The southern end of pavement remained north of Garretts Mill until the modern road was extended south through Weverton to US 340 in 1934 and 1935.
MD 67 was reconstructed from Boonsboro to Gapland starting in the late 1950s, leaving behind several sections of old alignment that were designated sections of MD 858. Two of these sections, Main Street in Rohrersville (now MD 858F) and Mount Carmel Church Road north of Rohrersville, were bypassed in 1959. The southern terminus of MD 67 was relocated when US 340 was relocated as a four-lane divided highway through Weverton in 1964. Portions of MD 67 through Brownsville and Weverton were bypassed concurrent with the construction of MD 67’s trumpet interchange around 1969.
The entire route is in Washington County.